So I purchased a bunch of these wooden pieces about a year ago. I also purchased this canvas. I didn’t have an ideas at the time, I just picked them up because they were super cheap. Like, $0.10 a piece for the wood pieces and $3.00 for the canvas…I knew that I could come up with something cute. Continue reading
I have been on the hunt for the last two months picking up little things here and there for my daughter’s Easter basket. I use to look forward to the candy in my basket when I was growing up. However, what happens when you have a toddler? Candy is not really the best option. So I have complied a list of ideas that hopefully can help you fill your little one’s Easter baskets!
- Easter Coloring Book with crayons
- Play-Doh Spring Easter Eggs
- Easter Books (Infant board books)
- Beach Toys
- Easter Rubber Ducks (I found some in the dollar section of my local Target)
- Easter Plush
- Easter Egg Sidewalk Chalk
- Bubbles (Found in Target’s Easter section for under $2.00)
- Annie’s Organic Bunny Fruit Snacks
- Annie’s Organic Cheddar Bunnies
- Plush Bunny Ears Headband
- Easter Plate, Fork and Spoon
Here is a selection of Easter books in our household. Yes, my daughter has quite the collection in 2 years.
- Little Golden Books “The Fuzzy Duckling”
- Little Golden Books “Animal Friends”
- Little Golden Books “Home for a Bunny”
- “Hey Duck”
- Blue’s Clues “Happy Easter, Sprinkles”
- “Duck and Goose, Here Comes the Easter Bunny”
- “All Ears”
- “My Easter Bible Storybook”
- “Five Little Ducks” (My daughter is going to be super excited about this one, this is currently one of her favorite songs. We sing it to her at least 1-3 times a day) I know she will just love this book!
- Don’t forget to take your little ones to see the Easter Bunny
- Easter Egg Coloring
- Easter Photo shoots in your own backyard. Dress up your little one, throw some plastic eggs in the yard and have fun with it!
- Egg Hunts are always fun! We decided to do a little egg hunt in our backyard. We were actually practicing for the neighborhood egg hunt with the bigger kids. Inside the eggs I filled them with “Annie’s Organic Fruit snacks,” and “Annie’s Organic cheddar bunnies.”
- Easter Egg Scavenger Hunt (my little one is a wee too young for this one, but that will not stop me for starting to plan a scavenger hunt for the future!)
I hope my post helps give you all ideas for your toddler’s Easter baskets! Thank you for reading and Happy Easter!
I have always loved hand making items for family and friends. 2015 was a busy year, aside from a growing a baby I made 5 baby blankets! In 2016, my friends were having more babies, I decided to go a different route. I saw these Mary Jane shoes on Pinterest. I thought they would be so cute to make for my friend and for my little one. The instructions were a little overwhelming and long. I don’t enjoy making complicated things. I honestly do better looking at the final product and then figuring out in my head how I want to tackle this. For those of you who have the same mindset as I do I hope you will find this post to be helpful. Continue reading
So I found this mint colored frame at my local craft store. I love mint colored things. Our little girl’s nursery is mint, her 1st Birthday party featured mint, my Cricut is mint colored, I own several mint colored blouses, and my nails are currently mint! I am mint obsessed! Although in this case I am not sure if was being mint obsessed or the 70% off sale that got me. Continue reading
My daughter had her first adventure at “Magic Kingdom.” How could I resist not having a customized outfit for the day right? Especially since I own a Cricut. No excuses. Customized shirts really seem to be a thing now a days. When we were at the park we couldn’t believe all the people walking around with them. You can find these custom outfits on shops like Etsy OR you can make your own.
Let me start off by thanking everyone for their continued support over the last ten years. Thank you for the keeping her memories alive on her memorial, it means a lot to our family. Everyone lost a little something in their hearts the day that Susie passed. I decided to write a 10 year reflection in honor of my sister. A lot of people think that I have never dealt with my sister’s passing. While I have nothing to prove to anyone, I have. Everyone deals with death in their own ways. There is no right or wrong way to cope. The stages of grief are universal and be experienced by people from all walks of life. Everyone spends the time they need going through each stage. Continue reading
So last year I purchased a ton of plastic Easter eggs from the dollar store. I was “that mom” who put her baby in a basket and placed all the plastic eggs around her to get a cute shot. Surprisingly it was a success and now I have a ton of plastic eggs leftover. There is no point in throwing them away since they will come in handy for upcoming easter egg hunts. I saw a fellow blogger post how to “revamp” these plastic eggs and thought it was a really cute idea. Then I searched pinterest and found that this looks to be a trending craft, so of course I had to try it. I had all the materials for this project at hand, so there was no excuses! Continue reading
It’s time for another toy roundup! Today I am sharing with you our favorite toys for the 12-18 month old age group. I tried to keep this post for the most part “gender neutral” so that both Mommy’s of girls and boys can find this review resourceful.
I have been so excited to share this project. We started it back in December and put the finishing touches on it by mid February.
My husband and I were talking about all the projects that we want to tackle in 2017. It just so happen we were upstairs and my husband pointed out a dead space area. He said “This would be a perfect area for a built-in, right?” Of course I did not disagree. My organizational mind kept thinking of all the possible items this thing could hold. Well, to break it down, we were able to eliminate two small (3 shelf) bookcases. Their main purpose was holding board games and old VHS that we cannot just bare to get rid of. We also eliminated a “stand alone DVD rack.” We also eliminated a “shot glass cabinet” which was a really great place for it (out of the way.)
For those of you who do not know me, I am Lucy obsessed! I have been obsessed with her since a wee young age. So its no surprise to those who know me why I would not want to create something “Lucy” inspired for my daughter. Continue reading